Illinois logged an additional 587 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, and 37 new deaths linked to the disease.
Overall, the state's positive test count is now 148,452, with 7,063 deaths - cases now have been logged in all of Illinois' 102 counties.
Over the previous week (June 30-July 6), the positivity rate - a percentage of positive results compared to overall tests - dropped a tenth of a point to 2.5%. As of Tuesday, Illinois had processed 1.81 million tests since the outbreak began.
LOCAL CASES (3:30pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 5 new cases
- 22 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 13 recoveries and one death (as of July 6).
- 2,469 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- 20 overal positive cases of COVID-19, with 15 recoveries (as of July 6).
- 1,981 tests administered in the three-county service area.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- 4 new cases - two men in their 20's from Franklin County; one woman in her 40s and one woman in her 50s from Williamson County.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 135 cases with 81 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County, 37 cases with 16 recoveries in Franklin County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a man in his 80s.
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 338, with 299 recoveries and 19 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:.
- No new cases reported.
- Overall there have been 110 positive cases of COVID-19, with 95 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 3,137 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a woman in her 20s.
- Overall, there have been 72 positive cases of COVID-19, with 65 recoveries.
- 2,544 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- Overall, 56 positive cases of COVID-19, with 44 recoveries and one death (as of July 3).
- 1,575 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported
- Overall, 293 positive cases of COVID-19, with 275 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 3,492 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- Overall, 7 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County.
- 1,662 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- 2 new cases reported - a man in his 50s from Johnson County; a woman in her 40s from Pulaski County.
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 331 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 225 recoveries and 18 deaths.