People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Tue January 22, 2013
Carbondale, Cisne High School Students Face Off in Round 2 of Quiz Show
Top students from Carbondale High School will take on Cisne High School in the second round of WSIU-TV's Scholastic Hi-Q.
The half-hour series will air on WSIU-TV 8 and WUSI-TV 16, the public television stations of Southern Illinois University (SIU), on Sunday, January 27 at 5:30pm, with a repeat on Sunday, February 3 at 9:30am.
Following the on-air broadcast, viewers can watch the program online anytime at watch.wsiu.org
Produced and hosted by SIU students, Scholastic Hi-Q is a competitive game show series featuring scholar bowl teams from over 30 area high schools. Team members answer questions from a variety of disciplines, including art, geography, history, literature, math, music and science. The winning school of each game advances to subsequent rounds until they are either eliminated by another team or advance to the championship match. Season champions receive a large plaque for their school and recognition on WSIU-TV's airwaves and website.