A former Carbondale pastor will spend six years behind bars, after his guilty plea on felony theft charges.
People on WSIU Radio
Morning Edition Host, WSIU Radio News Producer
All Things Considered Host, WSIU Radio News Producer
WSIU Radio Operations Manager
Community Engagement Producer, WSIU Radio
Celtic Connections Host
Host of Rhythm in Bloom
Host of Magic Soul
Station Manager/News Director
The best place to view the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017 is southern Illinois. Scientists and enthusiasts from all over the world are already booking rooms and preparing their travel plans.
Quad State News
SIU Men’s Basketball Head Coach Barry Hinson says he was surprised to learn two more of his players will transfer to other schools next year.
U.S Sen. Mark Kirk will face a challenge from Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth, who announced Monday she'll run for the seat. It's unknown who else...
The League of Women Voters of Jackson County hosted a candidate's forum for the candidates running for Mayor of Carbondale. The forum was recorded...
WSIU Radio's The Listening Project is a community engagement initiative that chronicles the stories, experiences, and history of the people who call this region home.
/WSIU Almanac/ is a new weekday feature that provides an overview of events, happenings, and history of the world around us.
WSIU Public Radio presents "Morning Conversations" each week. Join Host Jennifer Fuller as she interviews dignitaries, local leaders, artists and more...
SIU Reviews is a regular new series on WSIU Radio featuring movie reviews and critiques by Walter Metz & Liz Faber of the SIUC Dept. of Cinema & Photography.
WSIU looks at the fiscal status of Illinois as a new year with a new governor gets underway.
In the Author's Voice is a regular web feature of WSIU Public Radio. WSIU hosts talk with local and national Author's about their works.
Radio Voices is a regular occurring series of original features, essays, and commentaries.
Reading Baseball is a WSIU Radio original series of baseball essays and commentaries by Richard "Pete" Peterson, editor of the St.Louis Baseball Reader.
Southern Illinois Wonders by WSIU Radio and the Illinois Humanities Council. It features humanities-themed programs focusing on the history,…
Latest from NPR
- READ: Commutation Letter President Obama Sent To Inmate President Obama commuted the sentence of 22 federal prisoners who were serving...
- Oversight Committee Issues Subpoena To Two Secret Service Agents The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has issued subpoenas to...
- Federal Judge Says South Dakota Officials Violated Native American Families' Rights Two of South Dakota's largest tribes won a sweeping victory in federal court...
- Supreme Court Deals Medicaid Blow To Doctors And Health Companies The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that private Medicaid providers cannot sue...
- Despite Criticism, Arkansas Passes Religious Freedom Bill Despite criticism and protests, Arkansas legislators passed a religious freedom...