The SIU men's basketball team has paused its activities due to positive COVID-19 test results.
Head coach Bryan Mullins spoke at a previously scheduled news conference Thursday and said the news means the Salukis will not compete at the Louisville tip-off tournament over Thanksgiving weekend.
Mullins said he is disappointed for the players.
"They've done everything right and sacrificed a lot over the last four months. There are a lot of things happening over the last six or seven months in this country that you can't control. The things that happened with the test results, our guys couldn't control it."
Mullins praised the University and the athletic department for putting the players' health as a top priority.
SIU is now scheduled to open the season on December 2 at SEMO. But, Mullins admits it's not set in stone and the college basketball schedule will be fluid because of the virus.