Wednesday's COVID-19 report from Illinois' Department of Public Health shows nearly 1,000 new cases of the coronavirus.
The number of confirmed cases jumped by 980 people, along with 36 new deaths.
Overall, the state's positive test count is now 149,432, with 7,099 deaths - cases logged in all of Illinois' 102 counties.
Over the previous week (July 1-July 7), the positivity rate - a percentage of positive results compared to overall tests - rose a tenth of a point to 2.6%. As of Wednesday, Illinois had processed 1.84 million tests since the outbreak began.
LOCAL CASES (4:20pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 22 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 13 recoveries and one death.
- 2,488 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- 2 new cases reported - a man in his 30s from Gallatin County; a man in his 70s from Saline County.
- 22 overal positive cases of COVID-19, with 16 recoveries.
- 2,182 tests administered in the three-county service area.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- 2 new cases - both men in their 70s from Williamson County.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 137 cases with 84 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County, 37 cases with 16 recoveries in Franklin County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a woman in her 20s
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 339, with 300 recoveries and 19 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:.
- 4 new cases reported - a man and a woman in their 40s, a woman in her 50s, and a woman in her 70s.
- Overall there have been 114 positive cases of COVID-19, with 95 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 3,212 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:
- 2 new cases reported - a woman in her 20s, and a woman in her 30s.
- Overall, there have been 74 positive cases of COVID-19, with 65 recoveries.
- 2,561 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a woman in her 40s.
- Overall, 60 positive cases of COVID-19, with 52 recoveries and one death.
- 1,806 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- Overall, 293 positive cases of COVID-19, with 275 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 3,492 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- 3 new cases reported - two teen boys who live outside Richland County, and one teen girl from Richland County.
- Overall, 8 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County.
- 1,695 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- No new cases reported.
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 331 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 226 recoveries and 18 deaths.
- 5,819 negative test results in the seven county service area (as of July 6).