Illinois Public Health Director Dr. Ngoze Ezike reported 1,187 new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday, along with eight new deaths attributed to the disease.
The new totals bring the state's overall coronavirus case count to 156,693, with 7,226 deaths.
The state has now processed 2.08 million tests, with a positivity rate of at 3.1% for the past week (July 8-14). In addition, health officials say 1,454 were hospitalized across Illinois with COVID-19. Of those, 324 were in the ICU, and 130 were on ventilators.
LOCAL CASES (3:45pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 36 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 23 recoveries and one death.
- 2,936 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- 43 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 16 recoveries.
- 2,593 tests administered in the three-county service area.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- 14 new cases reported - two men in their 20s, one woman in her 30s, and a man and a woman in their 70s from Franklin County; one teen boy and one teen girl, one woman and two men in their 20s, one woman in her 30s, two men in their 40s, and one woman in her 50s from Williamson County.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 57 cases with 38 recoveries in Franklin County, and 177 cases with 133 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- 9 new cases reported - one woman in her 20s, two women in their 30s, one woman and two men in their 40s, one man and one woman in their 50s, and one woman in her 60s.
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 370, with 317 recoveries and 19 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:
- 5 new positive cases - a girl under 13, a woman in her 30s, a man in his 50s, a woman in her 60s, and a woman in her 70s.
- Overall there have been 131 positive cases of COVID-19, with 100 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 3,879 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:
- No new cases reported.
- Overall, there have been 82 positive cases of COVID-19, with 73 recoveries.
- 3,114 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a woman in her 20s
- Overall, 63 positive cases of COVID-19, with 58 recoveries and one death.
- 2,209 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- Overall, 332 positive cases of COVID-19, with 285 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 3,966 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- No new cases reported.
- Overall, 10 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County.
- 2,372 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- 11 new cases reported - a boy under 5 from Hardin County; a teen girl and a woman in her 40s from Johnson County; a boy under 10, two teen girls, and one teen boy from Massac County; a man in his 20s from Pulaski County; a man in his 20s, a woman in her 60s, and a man in his 80s from Union County.
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 380 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 244 recoveries and 17 deaths.
- 6,134 negative test results in the seven county service area (as of July 10).