Illinois reported 954 new COVID-19 infections on Sunday, bringing the state's new total of positive test results to 153,916. Another 19 deaths were also recorded, pushing the overall death toll to 7,187.
The state’s seven-day (July 3-11) average rate of positive tests out of all performed is 3%. More than 1.98 million tests have been administered since the start of the pandemic.
LOCAL CASES (6:00pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 31 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 18 recoveries and one death.
- 2,741 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a man in his 20s from Saline County.
- 33 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 16 recoveries.
- 2,467 tests administered in the three-county service area.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- 8 new cases reported - a man in his 20s and a man in his 40s from Franklin County; a teen boy, two women, a man, and one person whose gender is unkown in their 20s, and a woman in her 40s from Williamson County.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 50 cases with 18 recoveries in Franklin County, and 163 cases with 88 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- 7 new cases reported.
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 357, with 308 recoveries and 19 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:.
- Overall there have been 120 positive cases of COVID-19, with 95 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 3,332 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:
- 1 new case reported - a man in his 60s.
- Overall, there have been 79 positive cases of COVID-19, with 72 recoveries.
- 2,911 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- Overall, 62 positive cases of COVID-19, with 55 recoveries and one death.
- 2,104 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- Overall, 301 positive cases of COVID-19, with 283 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 3,621 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- 1 new case reported late Saturday - a male minor.
- Overall, 9 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County.
- 2,199 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 343 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 243 recoveries and 17 deaths.
- 6,134 negative test results in the seven county service area (as of July 10).