State health officials say nearly 1,200 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus have been reported in Illinois. The Illinois Department of Public Health said 1,195 cases have been added to statewide testing results, bringing the total number since the start of the pandemic to 152,962.
Saturday marks the third consecutive day that reported cases in the state topped 1,000. Daily updates to confirmed cases had not been that high since June 5.
The state’s seven-day average rate of positive tests out of all performed is 3%. An additional 24 people have died of COVID-19 according to Saturday’s update, bringing the total number to 7,168 since the start of the pandemic.
LOCAL CASES (7:00pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 31 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 18 recoveries and one death.
- 2,741 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- 2 new cases reported - a woman in her 50s from Gallatin County, and a woman in her 60s from White County.
- 32 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 16 recoveries.
- 2,438 tests administered in the three-county service area.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- 15 new cases reported - a teen girl, a man in his 30s, two women in their 40s, and a woman in her 60s from Franklin County; a teen boy, three women and two men in their 20s, a man in his 40s, and two women and one man in their 60s from Williamson County.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 48 cases with 18 recoveries in Franklin County, and 157 cases with 88 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- 5 new cases reported.
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 350, with 305 recoveries and 19 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:.
- Overall there have been 120 positive cases of COVID-19, with 95 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 3,332 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:
- Overall, there have been 78 positive cases of COVID-19, with 67 recoveries.
- 2,775 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- Overall, 62 positive cases of COVID-19, with 55 recoveries and one death.
- 2,104 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- Overall, 301 positive cases of COVID-19, with 283 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 3,621 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- Overall, 8 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County.
- 2,122 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 343 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 243 recoveries and 17 deaths.
- 6,134 negative test results in the seven county service area (as of July 10).