New COVID-19 statistics were not released on July 5th, due to the holiday. But Governor JB Pritzker and Public Health Director Dr. Ngoze Ezeke warned the virus remains in the community, and is growing rapidly in other states.
Leaders say social distancing, wearing masks, and avoiding large crowds will go a long way at preventing a similar spike in cases in Illinois.
LOCAL CASES (3:30pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 14 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with 11 recoveries and one death.
- 2,344 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- 3 new cases reported. In White county, 1 female and 1 male, both in their 20s and one male in his 20s in Gallatin county.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases stands at 20, with 14 recoveries.
- 1,949 tests administered in the three-county service area, the number of tests administered was not updated on July 5th.
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- 5 new cases reported. One female teen in Franklin county, and one female in her 20s, one female in her 70s and one male in his 50s in Williamson county.
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 131 cases with 80 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County, 32 cases with 13 recoveries in Franklin County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 331, with 296 recoveries and 19 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:.
- Overall there have been 109 positive cases of COVID-19, with 94 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 2,955 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:2 new cases reported.
- Overall, there have been 70 positive cases of COVID-19, with 62 recoveries.
- 2,468 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- Overall, 56 positive cases of COVID-19, with 44 recoveries and one death.
- 1,575 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- Overall, 291 positive cases of COVID-19, with 273 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 3,418 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- Overall, 5 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County.
- 1,569 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 324 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 222 recoveries and 18 deaths.
- Southern Seven modified its death count on Thursday, removing one after it was found the patient did not die from COVID-19.