Daily COVID Update: (June 21)
Illinois reported an additional 658 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the statewide total for positive test results to 136,762.
Another 23 people died from the coronavirus, pushing the death toll to 6,647.
The state's positivity rate - a number comparing positive tests with the overall test count - 2% for June 13-19. Illinois has processed more than 1.3 million tests since the pandemic arrived.
LOCAL CASES (5:20pm Update)
Effingham County Health Department:
- 11 overall positive cases of COVID-19, with seven recoveries and one death.
- 1,142 negative tests results.
Egyptian Health Department:
- Total COVID-19 positive cases stands at 13, with 11 recoveries.
- 1,410 tests administered in the three-county service area
Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department:
- Total COVID-19 positive cases now stands at 94 cases with 72 recoveries and 4 deaths in Williamson County, 12 cases with 12 recoveries in Franklin County.
Jackson County Health Department:
- One new case: A woman in her 50's
- Jackson County's total positive test count is 322, with 284 recoveries and 18 deaths.
Jefferson County Public Health Department:
- Overall there have been 107 positive cases of COVID-19, with 90 recoveries and 14 deaths.
- 2,236 negative test results.
Marion County Health Department:
- Overall, there have been 58 positive cases of COVID-19, with 55 recoveries.
- 1,901 negative test results.
Perry County Health Department:
- Overall, 44 positive cases of COVID-19, with 42 recoveries.
- 985 negative test results.
Randolph County Health Department:
- Overall, 279 positive cases of COVID-19, with 270 recoveries and seven deaths.
- 2,463 negative test results.
Richland County Public Health Department:
- Overall, 4 positive cases of COVID-19, with 4 recoveries in Richland County. Two additional cases were identified, but those patients live outside Richland County.
- 1,154 negative test results.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- Overall, Southern Seven reports 288 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 175 recoveries and 18 deaths.
- 4,255 negative test results in the 7 county service area (as of June 19).