Illinois Records Deadliest Day for COVID-19 (May 5)
Illinois added 2,122 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, and logging 176 deaths in the same 24-hour period.
Ninety-seven of Illinois' 102 counties are reporting new cases, bringing the state's total cases to 65,962. There have been 2,838 deaths attributed to COVID-19 in the state.
Jackson County Health Department:
- Two new cases reported - a woman in her 30s and a man in his 70s.
- 149 overall cases in Jackson County, with 60 patients released from isolation and 9 deaths.
Jefferson County Health Department:
- No new cases reported.
- Overall, 90 cases of COVID-19 have been logged. 68 have been released from isolation, 8 are still active cases. 14 people have died.
Southern Seven Health Department:
- Three more patients have recovered, and there are three new cases reported.
- The new cases include a man in his 40s from Union County, a woman in her 50s from Union County, and a man in his 40s from Pulaski County.
- 30 of the 64 total cases in the Southern Seven region have recovered; 1 person has died