Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Illinois Summer Programs - Gardening for the Mind, Body and Soul
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Illinois’ all day summer program begins June 6th through August 5th. This summer’s program will focus on gardening, healthy habits and how to explore the natural world. There are 9 weeks of camp. We have programming available from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Our morning project-based learning program – Summer Brain Gain is from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM and lunch is included. Fees for the morning programs is $40.00 per week. We still have slots available for the morning program – contact us now if you want to enroll your child. Morning programs include Math, Reading and Science that is project based and active learning. Morning programs are limited to youth entering 1st grade through youth entering 8th grade.
Registration is available at the Carbondale location: 250 N. Springer Street and the Marion location: 2706 W. Main Street.
The afternoon program is from 11:30am to 5:30 pm, lunch and a snack is included. The afternoon program will include mindfulness, healthy habits, self-exploration in the arts, team building, STEM and recreation rotations. Membership for both the morning and afternoon programs is required. The membership fee is $20.00 for youth ages 5-13 (kindergarten through 8th grade) and $10.00 for high school youth per year. Membership is the only fee for the afternoon program. Below is a list of the summer programs.
- June 6th – June 10th: Selecting the Environment: Reflection
- June 13th – June 17th: Planting Seeds: Understanding our Foundation
- June 20th – June 24th :Sprouts: Who Am I?
- June 27th – July 1st : Watching It Grow: Curiosity
- July 5th – July 8th: Nurture: Creating Healthy Habits
- July 11th – July 15th: Harvest: Explore Your World
- July 18th – July 22nd :Building the Recipes: Mindfulness
- July 25th – July 29th: Let’s Get Cooking: Putting the Pieces Together
- August 1st – Aug 5th: Sharing Our Bounty: Reaching our Dreams
Call now to register. Questions regarding how to call Dena at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Illinois at (618) 457-8877 EXT. 0011 or email.