People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Tue September 18, 2012
Voter Registration Deadline Nears
The traditional deadline for registering to vote in this November's General Election is approaching.
Williamson County Clerk Saundra Jent says the deadline is October 9th. But she says those who miss this deadline can register during Grace Period Registration that runs until November 3rd. Grace Period registration must occur at the county clerk's office and those wishing to vote in the General Election must do so at the time of registration. Voters are able to check their registration online by going to the Illinois State Board of Elections website and clicking "Voters" and then "Am I registered to Vote in Illinois."