People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Fri September 21, 2012
SIUC Investigates Threats
It's been a busy week for the Department of Public Safety at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Students at Brush Towers were evacuated Thursday night so police could check out a bomb threat. Police say nothing was found. Students were allowed back into the hall about 1:00 am Friday morning. This comes on the heels of Wednesday's unspecified threat to the SIUC campus received through the mail. Daily operations were not disrupted. SIUC Chancellor Rita Cheng says the university will continue to take all necessary precautions to maintain a safe environment for all members of the campus community. Cheng says the campus continues to cooperate with the FBI which is leading the investigation into the threats.