Morning Edition and All Things Considered now operates under a new broadcast clock.
Don't worry, all of the great stuff you love about Morning Edition and All Things Considered is still there as well as more local content. It's the first major change in more than 30-years!
Here's a brief overview of what you now hear every hour during Morning Edition:
- National news headlines at 1-minute past.
- Local news at 4-minutes past the hour.
- Morning Edition Segment A
- Local weather at 18-minutes past the hour
- Local news headlines at 20-minutes past.
- Morning Edition Segment B
- Local weather at 30-minutes past the hour.
- WSIU Almanac at 31-minutes past the hour.
- Morning Edition Segment C
- Local weather at 41-minutes past the hour
- Local news or local feature at 44-minutes past the hour
- Morning Edition Segment D
- Morning Edition Segment E
- Local weather at top of the hour
Here's a brief overview of our new local news schedule during All Things Considered:
- Daily Farm Market report at 3:18 pm
- Daily Business report at 3:48 pm
- Local Weather updates at 18 minutes, 29 minutes, 49 minutes past the hour
- Local News casts at 4:32 pm, 5:04 pm, 5:32 pm, and 6:04 pm
- Local features or expanded newscast at 4:44 pm
The program clock changes reflect the changing way that listeners utilize radio. The new timing allows for more local content as well as more national and international stories that fit the way you listen to radio. Tune in and enjoy!