People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Thu January 17, 2013
Murphysboro, Cairo High School Students on Local TV Quiz Show
Top students from Murphysboro High School will take on Cairo High School in a battle of the brains on the next episode of Scholastic Hi-Q on WSIU TV.
The half-hour episode will air on WSIU channel 8 and WUSI channel 16 on Sunday, January 20 at 5:30 pm, with a repeat on Sunday, January 27 at 9:30 am.
Following the on-air broadcast, viewers can watch the program online anytime at watch.wsiu.org
Produced and hosted by SIU students, Scholastic Hi-Q is a competitive game show series featuring scholar bowl teams from more than 30 area high schools. Team members answer questions from a variety of disciplines, including art, geography, history, literature, math, music and science. The winning school of each game advances to subsequent rounds until they are either eliminated by another team or advance to the championship match.