People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Fri September 21, 2012
Foodie Farm Tour
A unique food and farm tour takes place Saturday that will highlight the culinary history and agricultural diversity of Southern Illinois.
Called the Foodie Farm Tour, the event kicks off at Kite Hill Winery, south of Murphysboro off of Highway 127. The tour will feature a regional cookbook, an author and regional food historian, a chef, a winery, and three local, sustainable farms. Jerry Bradley, with the Neighborhood Co-Op Grocery, says the tour provides a good opportunity for folks to learn something new about food and its history in Southern Illinois. The tour will include a stop at the Local Organic Garden Initiative of Carbondale Farm, the Greenridge Farm, and Country Sprout Organics. Bradley says the tour features small-scale farms within a historical context of the region's indigenous cuisine. For more information on the tour, you can contact Bradley at 618- 967-4196.