People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Mon November 25, 2013
Centralia, Marion High School Students on WSIU Quiz Show
Top students from Centralia High School will compete against Marion High School in a battle of the brains on the next episode of Scholastic Hi-Q, WSIU Public Television's quiz show featuring regional high school scholar bowl teams. The half-hour episode will air on WSIU-TV 8/WUSI-TV 16, the public television stations of Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC), on Sunday, December 1 at 1pm, with a repeat on Sunday, December 8 at 9:30am.
Produced and hosted by SIUC students, Scholastic Hi-Q is a competitive game show series featuring scholar bowl teams from over 30 area high schools. Team members answer questions from a variety of disciplines, including art, geography, history, literature, math, music and science. The winning school of each game advances to subsequent rounds until they are either eliminated by another team or advance to the championship match.