People on WSIU Radio
Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- New SIU Carbondale Chancellor Tackles Research Funding Concerns
- Business, Labor, and Energy Groups Urge State to Move on Fracking Rules
- SIH to Provide General Surgery Residency for SIU Students
- Judge Rules in State's Favor in Murray Developmental Center Suit
Tue May 7, 2013
Carbondale, O'Fallon Students Compete in Semifinal Round of WSIU Quiz Show
Top students from Carbondale Community High School will take on O'Fallon Township High School in a battle of the brains on the next episode of Scholastic Hi-Q, WSIU Public Television's quiz show featuring regional high school scholar bowl teams.
The semifinal round of the half-hour series will air on WSIU-TV 8 and WUSI-TV 16, the public television stations of Southern Illinois University (SIU), on Sunday, May 12 at 5:30pm, with a repeat on Sunday, May 19 at 9:30am.
Following the on-air broadcast, viewers can watch the program online anytime at watch.wsiu.org.
Produced and hosted by SIU students, Scholastic Hi-Q is a competitive game show series featuring scholar bowl teams from over 30 area high schools. Team members answer questions from a variety of disciplines, including art, geography, history, literature, math, music and science. The winning school of each game advances to subsequent rounds until they are either eliminated by another team or advance to the championship match.